We’re sorry to shatter your illusions, but your vagina doesn’t smell like roses. It has a typical, natural smell that is best described as pretty neutral and a bit sweet. That is if it’s well looked after. A bad vaginal odor can really mess up your sex life.
The scent of your intimate parts plays an important role in your sex life and that’s where it goes wrong for many women. All too often women feel ashamed of how they smell down there and mistakenly think bad scent is caused by inadequate personal hygiene, while nothing is further from the truth. Most changes in vaginal odor are caused by sweat, eating habits and yeast infections.
The best thing you can do to improve your vaginal odor is handle your genitals with care. Many women spend lots of time and money on facial creams, hair products and body lotions, but they tend to forget about their most intimate parts. Mind however that a lovely vaginal scent doesn’t ask for expensive soaps and products. Quite the opposite really, as soap will alter the vagina’s delicate bacterial and pH balance. All you really need is a special product that is in harmony with the pH of your feminine area like Lactacyd Feminine Daily Wash.
Some tips to improve vaginal odor
- Eat lots of uncooked fruit and vegetables. As you and your partner will notice it’s not only good for your overall health.
- Little sleep, smoking, coffee, bad eating habits and alcohol are not only bad for your health, they are also some of the most common causes of bad vaginal odor.
- Wear cotton underwear. Silk and lace may look very sexy, they are not the best choice for vaginal hygiene. Cotton is a natural fiber that allows your intimate parts to breathe.
- Change tampons and menstrual pads on time.
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath to help restore pH balance and cure vaginal yeast infections.
- Be aware of the fact that a nasty smell can indicate a vaginal yeast infection, especially in combination with irritation, itching and irregular vaginal discharge. Go see a doctor!