Most of us have the intention to slow down a bit and make more time for ourselves. Why not do this every morning? This is just one more reason to have breakfast, here are 10 more.
- When you wake up you probably haven’t eaten anything for at least 8 to 12 hours. This means your body is craving for fuel. A healthy breakfast provides you with the much-needed energy to start your day and guarantees a better intellectual and physical performance in the morning.
- Healthy eating habits are passed down from generation to generation. Therefore it’s important to teach your kids the importance of breakfast. People who have breakfast generally have better eating habits than people who skip breakfast as they are less likely to eat unhealthy snacks during the day.
- A healthy breakfast ensures an adequate distribution of energy and nutrients over the day. This lowers the risk of temporary deficits that make you tired, listless and irritable.
- People who don’t have breakfast in the morning tend to have larger lunches and dinners. A heavy lunch can decrease concentration in the afternoon, while an excessive dinner can easily cause weight gain because of the high calorie intake.
- It’s much easier to keep your weight under control when you spread your food over three or more meals. If you eat a lot of snacks in between meals it’s difficult to keep track of your calorie intake.
- A nutritious breakfast in the morning increases productivity, boosts school or job performance and reduces on-the-job injuries.
- Wholegrain bread products or cereals, which are mainly consumed at breakfast, are important providers of complex carbohydrates, the healthiest source of energy for the human body. They are low-fat too!
- Research has shown that having breakfast can actually help you to lose weight. It will speed up your metabolism and reduce the urge to snack. Remember that most snacks only provide calories, but no vitamins, minerals or dietary fibers.
- Having breakfast is an excellent way to start the day together as a family. It offers a great opportunity for some quality time and will make it easier to handle stress during the day.
- Breakfast simply provides essential nutrients that are not sufficiently provided by other meals during the day.
Do you have breakfast every morning? What are your favorite breakfast foods?